MetroCard Vans Roll Into Qns.
Apply For Discounted Fares
MTA New York City Transit announced that its MetroCard bus and van service centers will make regularly scheduled stops in Queens this September.
The MetroCard bus travels around the city, stopping at senior citizen centers, shopping centers and along major bus routes. Customers can handle all of their MetroCard needs, whether it’s applying for or refilling a reduced-fare MetroCard, buying or refilling a regular Metro- Card or asking other MetroCard-related questions.
Senior citizens and people with disabilities may also apply for the reduced fare MetroCard on the bus. They will need photo identification and seniors must show proof that they are at least 65 years of age.
Like the bus, the MetroCard van travels around the city with helpful on-board staff ready to sell Unlimited and Pay-Per-Ride MetroCards, add money to regular and reduced-fare MetroCards and answer questions. Applications for reduced-fare Metro- Card applications are also available.
EZPass “On the Go” tags are also available for purchase on both the MetroCard bus and van.
For more information, visit www.mta.info and click on Fares and Tolls.
Locally, the MetroCard bus and van will stop at the following locations this month:
• 31st Street at Ditmars Boulevard near the N train station in Astoria on Monday, Sept. 10, and Monday, Sept. 24, from 7:30 to 10 a.m.;
• the Office of Assemblywoman Catherine Nolan, located at 41-02 Queens Blvd., in Sunnyside, on Thursday, Sept. 13, from 10 a.m. until noon;
• near the Maspeth Federal Savings bank located at the corner of Grand Avenue and 69th Street in Maspeth on Thursday, Sept. 13, from 1 to 3 p.m.;
• the corner of 71st Avenue and Queens Boulevard in Forest Hills on Monday, Sept. 17, from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m.;
• outside the Sears and Marshalls stores at the corner of Queens Boulevard and 63rd Road in Rego Park on Monday, Sept. 17, from 12:30 to 2:30 p.m.;
• the Queens Borough President’s office at 120-55 Queens Blvd. in Kew Gardens on Tuesday, Sept. 25, from 10 a.m. until noon;
• the Middle Village Senior Center, located at 69-10 75th St. in Middle Village, on Wednesday, Sept. 26, from 10 a.m. until noon; and
• the Ridgewood Older Adult Center, located at 59-14 70th Ave. in Ridgewood, on Thursday, Sept. 27, from 11:30 a.m. until 1:30 p.m.
Post new comment